Yes, I'm posting this on Thursday, but my days are busy and sometimes getting to the computer is near to impossible!
I do want to say that I was happy to discover my body fat percentage is good. At the YMCA they will do a body fat analysis for you, and I discovered mine is at 20%. Excellent! He told me that training athletes are often at 19% or lower. So I am doing things right.
Here was his advice for me so I could burn fat more efficiently:
1) Do ten minutes of warm-up (I did it on a treadmill).
2) 40 minutes of weights-I should be using just enough weight to make me tired, but not over exert myself, and I should be doing 3 sets of 15-20 reps. I have been doing 3 sets of 12 reps, so I upped it to 15 to start with. My personal rule of thumb: it's better to do too little than too much.
3) Then do your cardio. For me, I usually do an hour. Usually on an elliptical of some type. But I may cut down to 45 minutes on my "using weights" days.
4) Free weights are important to incorporate into the routine.
5) You should do weight training 2-3 times a week. Using weights before a cardio workout burns more fat.
I did my routine yesterday, thrilled my body fat hadn't gone haywire. Let's see if I can become more toned and fit using his suggestions. More soon!