Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

This is the recipe I use when I bake from scratch. It's originally from the Butter Flavor Crisco Cookie Collection, my favorite cookie cookbook. I tweaked it to incorporate more fiber.

3/4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
1 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 egg
1 cup white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup baking soda
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use about 1/2 cup to cut some of the calories)

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cream Crisco, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Blend in egg. Combine dry ingredients and add to mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough about 3-inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake about ten minutes or until slightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment