Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mondays Workout--Back in the Saddle Again

One of the most important things about committing oneself to exercising is dedication. So many people skip a workout or two and give up completely.

Don't be one of those people.

Sure, I hurt my foot and needed to give it a rest. But five days later, I jumped right back into my workout, the foot much better and my muscles no weaker than they were when last I used them.

Truth be told, I did arm exercises while my foot healed. And that's another thing to consider. Even if you have an injury, you can work on an uninjured body part.

Anyhow, so I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, went through all my usual machine weight exercises, incorporating the newly discovered conductive row and being careful to avoid back injury this time. Then I used the Precor (thanks, Darryl, for pointing out the name of the machine I've been using), stretched, and called it a day. Approximately 800 calories burned.

I'm back, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment