Friday, September 2, 2011

This Week...Under My Goal

This hasn't been a great week for working out. I went for a 4-mile run on Sunday. Tuesday I did my thing at the gym. And then it was all downhill from there. Why? Because I started college (going for my Masters), my kids will be starting school soon, so I tried to fit in play dates and fun, and I'm finishing last minute school preparations. Bad excuses, I know. But you know what? I give myself a break. I've been on target since last October...almost a full year of regular exercise. (I started out 2 days a week at the gym, over the last three months I've gone 3 days a week, for the most part.)

It's important to understand, we're not machines. We have lives that are often complicated and busy. If we let a week slide where we haven't accomplished much in our health goals, whether it be not exercising or consuming too much ice cream, we shouldn't be too hard on ourselves. Sunday is a new week. We can shoulder on from there.

Today I did an hour of cardio, and a half hour of weights. But I was tired. Not into it. But I did it. So in all, this week wasn't one of my better ones. But you know what? That's okay.

Giving ourselves permission to slack off is one of the greatest gifts we can give ourselves. As long as we're motivated the rest of the time. And I am. I truly am. Next week, I will power through.

Meantime, tonight I might go enjoy an ice cream cone.

No comments:

Post a Comment