Thursday, October 6, 2011

Check Out This Site for Calorie Count

My friend Arnold wanted to know how he can tell how many calories are burned in a workout. Fantastic question! I responded that it depends on the type of workout, the duration of the workout, one's weight, and the level of exertion used. Of course, that wasn't the most helpful answer. I may as well have told him, "Got no clue, buddy!" So I did a little research and found a helpful site:

http://www.fitwatch.com/database/searchexdb.html

Using their database, you can plug in your weight and the length of time to specific exercises and get an estimate for calories burned. I cannot vouch for its accuracy, but then again, even the machines at the gym aren't 100% reliable. But it can give one an idea of what exercises are the best calorie burners.

So thanks, Arnold, for asking this question. Now go out and burn off some calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment